Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

April 1 writing prompts from Poetic Asides and readwritepoem.

A bit behind on posting, perhaps, but I thought I'd share the poems I've been writing from the prompts of Poetic Asides and readwritepoem.

The prompt from Poetic Asides was to write a lonely poem.

The Lonely Lopped-Eared Rabbit

A lavender wicker basket
tossed haphazardly upon the settee
catches my eye,
it's contents spilled forth:
scattered foil wrappers,
half of a cracked plastic egg,
a sticky, chewed jelly bean,
and there, nestled in the pastel faux grass,
a chocolate bunny.
With one ear having been partially ingested,
he watches me, his blue sugar eyes pleading.
Not one to allow such suffering,
I take heed
with one swift
*chomp*.

The readwritepoem promt was to set your mp3 player on shuffle, write down the titles of the first 5 songs, and use them in a poem.

My songs were "Bulletproof" by Rilo Kiley, "Tiny Vessels" By Death Cab for Cutie, "Joshua" by Dolly Parton, "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath, and "I Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash. (Yes, I have an eclectic taste in music...)

Barrage

Watching Joshua
with the barrage of tiny vessels
bouncing from his bulletproof facade,
left me paranoid.
Afraid to run, I walk the line,
that leads me back to you.

Join me @ Swag Bucks!

Search & Win